Victoria Sandbrook is a speculative fiction writer, a freelance editor, and an outdoor enthusiast. Her writing to date has focused on the fantastic, from second-world to historical to steampunk. Her short fiction has appeared or is forthcoming in Shimmer, Cast of Wonders, and Swords & Steam Short Stories. She also reviews books and interviews authors for Publisher's Weekly. Victoria, her husband, and their daughter live in Brockton, Massachusetts.
- "Phalium arium spp. anams." Cast of Wonders (July 15, 2017).
- "The Moon, the Sun, and the Truth." Shimmer, #38 (July 2017).
- "Taking Care of Business." Swords & Steam Short Stories (Flame Tree Publishing; September 2016).
- "Digging Deeper: PW Talks with Amita Trasi," Publishers Weekly. May 1, 2017.
- "Mothers from the Past: PW Talks with Janet Benton," Publishers Weekly. March 24, 2017.
- "Life on Mars: PW Talks with Meg Howrey," Publishers Weekly. February 3, 2017.
- "Three Ways to Write a Better Hike," Science in Sci-Fi, Fact in Fantasy series, DanKoboldt.com. One does not simply walk into Mordor…
Awards and Memberships
- Editorial Freelancer's Association
- Boston Speculative Fiction Writing Group
- Viable Paradise graduate
- MA in Publishing and Writing, Emerson College
- Panelist and moderator at Arisia 2016 and Boskone 2016 (including running a kids' writing workshop and panels on the future of strong female characters, being a strong ally for POC writers,
- 10 years experience as a nonfiction editor, including time as an acquisitions editor handling contracts