Michael J. Martinez
Michael J. Martinez is the critically acclaimed author of the DAEDALUS trilogy of Napoleonic era space opera novels, as well as the forthcoming MJ-12: INCEPTION, which launches a new series of paranormal Cold War spy thrillers. Yes, he mixes genres a lot. It's fun. He's also written short stories for the PATHFINDER role-playing game and the anthologies CTHULHU FHTAGN! and UNIDENTIFIED FUNNY OBJECTS 4.
Mike is a former journalist for The Associated Press and also works in marketing communications. He is an experienced public speaker and, in addition to his own works, can discuss a wide range of topics such as worldbuilding, outlining, revisions, non-fiction writing, publicity and publishing.
- THE DAEDALUS INCIDENT (Night Shade Books, 2013), starred review from Library Journal, named one of the best SF/F books of the year by Library Journal and BuzzFeed.
- THE ENCELADUS CRISIS (Night Shade Books, 2014)
- THE VENUSIAN GAMBIT (Night Shade Books, 2015), starred review from Publishers Weekly
- "Crisis of Faith" (Pathfinder fiction, Paizo.com, 2015)
- "On a Kansas Plain" (CTHULHU FHTAGN!, Word Horde, 2015)
- "Confessions of an Interplanetary Art Fraud" (UNIDENTIFIED FUNNY OBJETS 4, UFO Publishing, 2015)
- "Mind Flight" (Geeky Giving, March 2016)
- MJ-12: INCEPTION (Night Shade Books, September 2016)
Awards and Memberships
- Member, Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America
- Member, International Thriller Writers
Panelist and speaker at WorldCon 2013, DragonCon 2014, World Fantasy 2014, Phoenix Comicon 2015, DragonCon 2015
Television and radio appearances on BBC World Service, The Associated Press and several local afflilates and stations. Multiple podcast appearances. Mulitple bookstore readings.
Keynote speaker on "Hackers and the Media" at DEFCON 7, 1999