J.L. Forrest is an author of speculative fiction, a recovering architect, and an educator. He scrawls from the frosty mountains of Boulder, Colorado, from the Old Country of Roma, Italia, and from the wet techno-forests of the Pacific Northwest. He is open for speaking and workshop engagements in the Rocky Mountains, the West Coast, and Europe.
He is a lecturer and speaker with hundreds of hours of speaking time on the topics of science fiction, literature, design, and ethics. He has more than a decade of teaching experience with adults and young audiences.
- Novel: Molly Black and the Bright Star. Forthcoming.
- Novel: A Requiem Dawn. Robot Cowgirl Press.
- Novelette: "Sentience Signified". Analog Science Fiction and Fact.
- Novelette: "Progenesis". Analog Science Fiction and Fact.
- Short Story: "The Collared Signal". Crossed Genres.
- Short Story: "The Desert of Forever". Story of the Month Club.
- Collection: Delicate Ministrations. Robot Cowgirl Press.
- "Come Gomorrah".
- "Chasing Forever".
- "The Unlighted Sentinel".
- "The Treachery of Cats".
- "Sum of Errors".
- "Where No Fox Should Follow".
- "Betty Jam".
- "The Amateur Spacefarer's Ultimate Survival Guide".
- "Dandelions in the Kentucky Blue".
- "Molly Black and the Visitation of Mr. Griff."
Awards and Memberships
Forrest's expertise emphasizes science fiction, humanism, design, architecture, ethics, and futurism.