Fran Wilde’s work includes the high-flying fantasy novels Updraft (Tor, 2015) and Cloudbound (Tor, 2016). Her short stories appear in Asimov’s, Tor.com, and Nature. Her novella “The Jewel and Her Lapidary,” will be published by Tor.com publishing in May 2016. She writes for publications including The Washington Post, SFSignal, Tor.com, Clarkesworld, iO9.com, and GeekMom.com. Recent Interviews & Appearances.
Novels & Novellas
Selected Short Fiction
- “The Thousandth Cycle” Eclipse Phase: After the Fall ( January 2016 epub, March)
- “Bent the Wing, Dark the Cloud,” Beneath Ceaseless Skies (September 3, 2015)
- “How to Walk through Historic Graveyards in the Digital Age,” Asimov’s Science Fiction(April/May 2015)
- “You are Two Point Three Meters from Your Destination,”Uncanny: A Magazine of Science Fiction and Fantasy (Issue Three, Spring 2015)
- “The Ghost Tide Chantey” Tor.com for National Poetry Month (April 8, 2015)
- “Welcome Briefing At The Obayashi-Ragan Youth Hostel” Abyss & Apex (October)
- “The Topaz Marquise,” Beneath Ceaseless Skies, July 2014
- "Like a Wasp to the Tongue," Asimov's April/May 2014
- “Without,” Nature ~ September 2012
Selected Nonfiction & Essays
- Cooking the Books – an Interview Series About Food & Fiction
- Flights of Fantasy & Fact – a Library of Congress Lecture
- Why Are All The Moms Gone? Washington Post
- Change the Language, Change the World – Tor.com
- Visiting lecturer, visiting writer at University of Delaware (2015) & University of Richmond (2016)
- Speaker, Library of Congress (2015)
- Presenter, Philadelphia Geek Awards (2015)
- Teaching experience: University-level (5 years), high school level (9 years) – CV available on request.
- Panelist & reader at numerous conventions and workshops.
- Writer for GeekMom, Tor.com, Washington Post.