Dan Koboldt is a genetics researcher and fantasy/science fiction author. He has co-authored more than 60 publications in Nature, Science, The New England Journal of Medicine, and other scientific journals. Dan is also an avid hunter and outdoorsman. He lives with his wife and children in Columbus, OH, where the deer take their revenge by eating the flowers in his backyard.
- The Island Deception (Novel, Harper Voyager, March 2017)
- "The Coming of Darkness" (Short story, Galaxy's Edge, 2017)
- The Rogue Retrieval (Novel, Harper Voyager, March 2016)
- "Dirt Moon" (Short story, Third Flatiron Publishing, June 2016)
- "Going Viral" (Short story, Third Flatiron Publishing, March 2015)
- Eye-based paternity testing and other human genetics myths. Apex Magazine, issue 72.
- The Next Generation of DNA Sequencing. Clarkesworld Magazine, issue 108
- Six Quirks of the Human Genome. Clarkesworld Magazine, issue 113.
- We Are All Allies, on the SFWA blog, March 2016.
As a genetics researcher, I've also co-authored 70+ research papers in Nature, Science, The New England Journal of Medicine, and other journals. See my research page for a complete bibliography.
Awards and Memberships
As of 2016, Dan Koboldt is an active member of: SWFA, The Codex Writers, and the American Society of Human Genetics.
Dan has worked as a genetics researcher for more than a decade, and has co-authored more than 70 publications. He is also an emerging author of science fiction. His debut novel The Rogue Retrieval was published by Harper Voyager in 2016. The sequel, The Island Deception, will be published in April 2017.