Christine Taylor-Butler is the award winning author of more than 75 books for children and young adults, including a high profile nonfiction series for Scholastic, Inc. A science nerd, she holds dual degrees in Civil Engineering and Art & Design from MIT. Her writing has received praise from Smithsonian, American Library Association, and The American Association for the Advancement of Science. The first in her young adult sci-fi/fantasy series, The Lost Tribes, debuted in March 2015 at Move Books. The sequel Safe Harbor will release in Fall 2016. Both are illustrated by creative genius, Patrick Arrasmith who also illustrates The Last Apprentice series.
Topics can be tailored to fit your needs.
The Lost Tribes – Move Books, Move Books, March 2015
The Lost Tribes: Safe Harbor – Move Books, Fall 2016
Sacred Mountain: Everest – Lee and Low Publishing
Please see website for other titles.
Awards and Memberships
Awards: (Sacred Mountain)
- Best Children's Nonfiction: Society of Midland Authors
- Walter Williams Major Work Award: Missouri Writers Guild
- Best Books List: Reading is Fundamental
- Best Children's Book of the Year: Barnes and Noble Review
- Best Book of the year: Nebraska Library Association
- Best Children's Books of the Year: Bank Street College of Education
- American Library Association
- Assembly on Lierature for Adolescents (of NCTE)
- Association of Authors and Illustrators of Color (ACAIC)
- The Authors Guild
- International Literacy Association
- Missouri Writers Guild
- Science Fiction Writers of America
- Society of Midland Authors
I have been a featured speaker at hundreds of schools and libraries across the country as well as panels and workshops at American Library Association, International Literacy Association, State Writing Guilds and many others. I've spoken on STEAM, nonfiction, the craft of writing, developing voice, manuscript revision and the business of writing.
In addition, I've served for several decades as part of the MIT Educational Council where I received the George B. Morgan award for Excellence.